Friday, December 2, 2011

I don't know if I have enough blog posts.

I am just filling the blog with useless stuff right now, which is what I always kind of do. I like the marijuana surveys. I do not have a personal interest either way, but I do not see how it is not legal by now. Sure in some states like CO, CA you can obtain medical marijuana but federal supersedes state law. The government needs to tax it, and regulate it. The taxes alone would be huge. And drinkingwithbob was wrong. The government is not making money off keeping marijuana illegal. Our prisons are filled with primarily drug offenses, costing the taxpayer, the state, and the country billions each year. Granted, most of those drug offenses are not for marijuana, but the point is still the same. Our justice system is not providing "rehabilitation". It is just providing a breeding ground of aggression, and hopelessness. It seems to me that the justice system is set up for the parolee to fail, and re-offend. No real skills are being offered in prison nor adequate drug treatment. I know I "tumbled" off the topic, sorry. To me it just seems that benefits of marijuana far outweigh the consequences. Though I do see the issue with preventing driving while intoxicated. This is a hard one, since there is no instant test, and it would take an elaborate process to determine the time frame of when a person used. But I'm sure something could be figured out.

1 comment: